Saturday, April 6, 2013

All-American Macaroni Salad

As it's finally starting to feel like spring here in good ole Vermont, not only do we get excited for the great weather but also for summer foods!  
I thought I'd share quick my All-American Macaroni Salad.  I'm pretty sure I found this recipe (well, close...I change everything up a little) on a macaroni box years ago.  I am not a tuna fan and trying to get my boys to eat peas? Yeah, right!  So this salad is now everyone's fave.


2 lbs. elbow macaroni - cook as directed
1 large cucumber, peeled & chopped
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
1 or 2 green onions, finely chopped
Cheddar cheese, cubed (I add more because we love cheese, but add as much or little as you'd like. Mild seems to be better but sharp is also fine...a personal option really)
Mayonnaise

*Mix them all together & refrigerate.  Yup, pretty simple.   :)

TIP:  I always make it at least a few hours in advance...give it a chance to absorb some moisture (I usually need to add more mayo.)  Also, it gives it better flavor...don't ask me why, just does.  Lol.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment